STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR VARIOUS MODES OF PAYMENT: (Cards, USSD, AEPS, UPI, Wallets)
1. Bank cards
- Getting a bank card: approach nearest bank branch fills ATM cum debit card requisition form after that bank will either give you debit card on the spot or by post to your home address registered in the bank. After you receive your debit card bank will issue PIN separately.
- Activate your card: after receiving your debit card you need to activate it at your bank’s ATM by even balance checking or at your bank branch by any transaction.
- Types of cards and usage
a. PREPAID CARDS: such types of cards are pre-loaded from your bank account and these are safe to use as we can only do the limited amount of transactions and these types of cards Can be recharged like the mobile recharge.
b. DEBIT CARDS: This type of card is Linked to your bank account and can be Used to pay at shops, ATMs, wallets, micro ATMs, online shopping.
2. Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) based Mobile Banking
[*99# – National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP)] This service Can be used for payments up to Rs 5000 per day per customer.
Required for Activation:
- Account in a bank
- Any mobile phone on gsm network
- Visit your branch to link mobile number and bank account or it Can be done at ATM or online also
- You will get your Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) and Mobile PIN (MPIN) upon registration Can be done at ATM or online also
- Remember your MMID and MPIN for further use.
*New changes being brought to simplify user experience; no need for separate MMID
Transfer Funds to another Bank Account: follow the steps as given in the image
3. Aadhar enabled payment system (AEPS)
Aadhaar Enabled Payment System Steps Seed your account with your Aadhar number at the bank or with the help of banking correspondent after that you can do many transactions at any AEPS point without any pin or password (AEPS points – Micro ATMs). AEPS allows bank-to-bank transaction at PoS (MicroATM) with the help of BC.
With AEPS You can do following things:
- Check Account balance
- Aadhar to Aadhar fund transfer
- Cash withdrawal
- Cash deposit
- Purchase at Fair Price Shops with AEPS
a. Requirements for registration on UPI
- Smartphone with internet facility
- Bank Account details (only for registration)
b. Available apps (28 bank apps)
SBI app, PNB UPI, UPI Collect (ICICI), Axis Pay, Canara Bank UPI, UCO UPI, Union Bank UPI, OBC UPI and 20 other banks and wallets also offering this service.
c. Upi registration process:
- Download any bank’s app or 3rd party app
- Choose your unique id (aadhar, mobile no.) As virtual payment address (vpa)
- Select your bank
- Give account details for the first time
- Set m-pin for validating transactions
- Registration n completed
e. Collecting Money (raise a demand) on UPI
What are e-wallets?
- Electronic pre-paid payment system,
- mobile-first Used in purchasing items on-line with a computer or a smartphone at a store.
- An individual’s account is required to be linked to the digital wallet to load money in it.
- Most banks have their e-wallets and some private companies
6. Point of Sale (PoS)
Types of PoS:
- PHYSICAL POS Physical Card Swiping – PTSN with landline / GPRS enabled
- MPOS Phone connected with external POS device through jack / Bluetooth
- V-POS Virtual E-payment Gateway
- No PoS machine required
- QR code used for payment to bank account of merchant
- Complete privacy of merchant bank account
Must Do Practices:
- Register your mobile number at bank for regular information by SMS for every transaction
- Never share your PIN with anyone
- Transact at only trusted merchants
- While at ATM, ensure no one is looking over your shoulders
Please note that all the information available in this post is collected from niti aayog, to educate peoples towards Digital payments as requested by Govt of India to promote digitization. for further info about this, you may reach NITI Aayog website www.niti.gov.in